Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here. Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of. Who We Are...
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive. EUROSPORT / TNT SPORTSSenior Product Designer
UX design knowledge and experience compulsoryOverview
Warner Bros. Discovery is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Global Product &Design organisation with a focus on Sports. In this role you’ll help the team at Eurosport andTNT Sports create innovative, cross-platform experiences, enhancing the Global SportsPlatform and product portfolio. This role will contribute to and support projects across the entire
product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You’ll utilise a full range of skills includingcreating user flows, user journeys, user interface design, interaction design, prototyping andvisual design to bring these experiences to life.Role Summary
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for defining user experience andinteraction design for multiple complex features across both web-responsive and apps. You’llregularly use empathy, logic and your knowledge of user-centred design to inform writing anddesign choices for cross-functional and cross-platform projects. The successful candidate will
work collaboratively and transparently while maintaining high standards regarding best-practice,accessibility standards, etc. to influence product vision as part of a multidisciplinary team. This is a senior level role where you will work closely with product, development, editorial,advertising and marketing teams to deliver product experiences that will place Eurosport digital
and TNT Sports properties ahead of the market.Areas of Responsibility
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Senior Product Designer will be responsible forsupporting the design team with delivering design solutions for various projects across theEurosport and TNT Sports brands.
• Understand the sports user base and their values deeply; always fiercely advocate fromtheir perspective.
• Create valuable experiences that are delightful to engage with and are incredibly easy to-use.
• Work as part of a distributed cross-functional team, producing design solutions forproduct epics, new features and product improvements across web, mobile andconnected TV.
• Present to senior stakeholders, helping them understand how our design solutionsbenefit our users and the business.
• Design flows, interactions and experiences that are simple and elegant across variousplatforms, leveraging customer insights, data and user research.
• Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfectattention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
• Create and maintain design documentation to ensure a smooth collaboration with tech.
• Incorporate UX research tools, data, personas, competitive analysis, and metrics to helpshape the user experience
• Support and collaborate with other designers, product managers, engineers,researchers, editorial and content teams to develop the experience of a product fromconcept until launch.
• Contribute to methodologies and team processes for best practice.Selection Criteria Essential
• You have at least 5 years of experience with customer-facing products that have anactive user base, designing across platforms as a product designer, user experiencedesigner, interaction designer, information architect or similar role.
• You are able to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively and articulatedesign decisions well.
• You have deep empathy for customers and other humans.
• You have great attention to detail.
• Experience with creating journey maps, interaction flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
• Working knowledge of relevant design software eg. Figma, Adobe CS and experiencewith Invision, Principle, After Effects or related prototype software.
• You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your digital product and interaction work.
• You have experience working to solve difficult problems and deliver compelling products.
• You have a proactive attitude and strong time management skills. You sharesuggestions and take initiative for what needs to be done, rather than wait for detailedinstructions.
• You’re comfortable working in a fast-changing environment where continuous innovationis valued.Ideally, you’ll have this too:
• Experience in designing Sport / News products with sports data.
• Experience in designing Video on Demand products / OTT services.
• A deep understanding of how audiences interact with these services across responsiveweb, mobile and connected TVs/ devices.
• Experience in designing video on demand subscription services.
• Experience of working in a digital media/broadcast company.
• Experience applying User-Centred Design processes across multiple platforms/technologies.
Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered. Whenshowcasing group work, please specify your personal contribution to the project. How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview. The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at [email protected]