Willmott Dixon are looking to recruit an experienced People Administrator (HR Administrator). This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that is looking to be a part of an established people focussed organisation. If you are a customer focussed people professional, looking to utilise your skills as part of a supportive team, then this role is for you!
You will work full time and be supported to work flexibly from home with your main office location being Letchworth Garden City with regular travel to London and Hitchin required.
As a People Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Proactively assisting people with queries and advice and escalating where necessary
- Providing comprehensive administration support relating to the employee lifecycle; new starters including onboarding and probations, contractual changes, benefits, and leavers
- Working as a team to ensure the People Support Centre delivers a fast and efficient service and achieves a high percentage of first-time resolution
- Providing administrative support to our local Heads of People and People Managers participating in formal meetings as note taker when appropriate
- Understanding our benefits offering and how our people can access them
- Ensure records, including all relevant systems, are kept up-to-date and are accurately maintained
- Provide necessary management information, reports, and statistical analysis
- Actively participate in people support centre projects as appropriate
Essential and Desirable Criteria
The skills/experience you will need as a People Administrator include:
- Strong administration experience and attention to detail
- Experience of working in an HR shared services centre would be an advantage but is not essential
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ideally working toward or have a CIPD Level 3
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer.
Benefits: In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. You will also benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
With over 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded No 1 in the Best "Big" Companies (2022) to work for and already holds the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2022. We are the first major contractor and developer to win a King's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.