Saturday 09 December 2023Salary Range
£66,861 - £74,290We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Hybrid WorkingJob Description Summary
.Job Description SALARY
: £66,861 - 74,290 per annum LOCATION:
Full-time - 35 hours per week WORKING PATTERN:
Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week currently, or 40% of our time, at one of our Hub locations. ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Our Cloud SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team is looking for an experienced and passionate Engineer with strong hands-on development experience. As a Cloud SRE you’ll be an active and leading member of a cloud-focused team of engineers - working on one of the Group’s flagship projects to run and maintain a set of products and services on the Google Cloud Platform that will enable the business to realise the next generation of services that form the Bank’s vision for 2023 and beyond!Specific activities might include:
- Hands-on engineering, maintaining our Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD pipeline-based product and services by responding to change, implementing enhancements & improving reliability and customer experience.
- Observability, investigating & fixing service issues, with an engineering mentality - resolving via code changes and implementing improvements to prevent repeat issues.
- Implementing further automation and reducing toil, by utilising existing Cloud tooling or implementing new technologies
- The successful candidate will work across multiple labs and signature projects in the Digital space.
We’re on an exciting journey to transform our Group and the way we’re shaping finance for good. We’re focusing on the future, investing in our technologies, workplaces, and colleagues to make our Group a great place for everyone. Including you.WHAT YOU’LL NEED
We like our teams to be as diverse as the customers and communities we serve and are really looking for someone passionate about data, ambitious and has a good problem-solving mindset. On your CV, we need to see the following to consider you for interview;Technical Skills
- Experience working with a broad set of GCP products (or extensive experience with another Public Cloud platform, such as Azure or AWS) and Cloud security and networking
- Strong DevOps understanding, including experience of Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD pipelines, such as Terraform and Jenkins, or alternatives such as Azure DevOps
- Ability to quickly understand, update and write code in languages such as Python, Groovy, BASH, PowerShell
- Experience of developing for, or administrating Kubernetes clusters in a production environment and experience in automating/scripting to remove toil
And any experience of these would be really useful
- Experience in problem-solving, able to demonstrate logical thinking and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate a passion to continue to learn and develop your engineering skills.
- Strong understanding and demonstrable use of source control practice and collaborative working as part of an engineering team
ABOUT WORKING FOR US
- Be proficient in the following tooling - Dynatrace, Stackdriver/Cloud Operations Suite, Cloud Monitoring, Cloud logging, Cloud Consumption and RTL viewer
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture. We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
If you’re excited by the thought of becoming part of our team, get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.