Monday 20 November 2023Salary Range
£61,641 - £68,490We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Flexibility in when hours are workedJob Description Summary
.Job Description JOB TITLE:
Finance Manager SALARY:
£ 61,641 - £68,490 LOCATION(S):
Edinburgh or Bristol HOURS:
Full time WORKING PATTERN:
Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in an office site
About this opportunity:
This is a 12 month fixed term contract opportunity.
Are you resourceful and passionate about solving problems? Do you challenge the status quo and have a desire to improve processes? Then read on!
We in Finance at Lloyds Banking Group are opening our next chapter. We’re hiring forward-thinking people that want to maximise their impact. We’re looking for those that proactively drive their development, have the ambition to succeed and wish to invest in their career.
You may be working in financial services and looking to take the next step towards an impactful career or seeking a first role out of professional practice and an entry into the leading financial services group in the UK, influencing positive change. Either way, this opportunity is for you!
We’re offering the opportunity to build on your existing knowledge and technical expertise. With us, you won’t be just a resource - you’ll be valued from day one. You’ll get genuine ownership and responsibility, and you’ll get to support the development of others whilst being supported yourself too.
We have over 700 finance colleagues in our Edinburgh and Bristol teams and are recruiting in areas including: finance systems, finance oversight and reporting roles. You’ll work in an area that is a trusted, value adding partner to the business. We come from diverse backgrounds, but we are all analytically minded, pragmatic and resilient. We try to see things in a different light; taking large amounts of complex information and uncovering the stories we tell. And, once we understand how a business works, we build great relationships and can develop strategies that help transform it.
We have embraced hybrid working at Lloyds Banking Group and the Finance team are generally in the Edinburgh office 2 days a week, which provides a great balance between working from home and collaborating in our office space.
If you think all banks are the same, you’d be wrong. We’re an innovative, fast-changing business that’s shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that’s empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purpose. What you'll need:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc)with financial services sector experience.
- Experience of building and establishing positive relationships with key customers. Forming and talking through clear and tailored communications at all levels of the organisation.
- Energetic and pro-active approach with ability to act on own initiative.
- Highly organised with a keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritise effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to influence and manage multiple stakeholders - using compelling arguments to gain the support and dedication of others to drive forward actions timely.
- Display strong leadership qualities, comfortable taking ownership and leading through others along with responsibility for their own work.
- You’ll need to be delivery driven and show a passion for producing quality work at pace.
- Diligence and self-review with a questioning mindset and the passion to contribute to the success of the function.
- A real excitement for collaboration and teamwork.
- Eager to learn and be challenged.
- A desire to improve existing processes, systems, and procedures through continuously challenging what we do and how we do it.
- Competent user of Finance Systems and software.
- A self starter, who is organised and has good attention to detail
- Experience of Microsoft 365 suite, specifically Excel
- Experience of using Finance Systems and software would be an advantage, or a proven ability to learn new systems in a short timescale
About working for us:
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know. We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
(amend holiday at X
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey. At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.