"We have a real focus on diversity and inclusion here at Sky, our workmates aren't just colleagues, we really care about the 'whole' person and not just the slice of you at work. The work is fast paced and exciting, the technologies are cutting edge and the ways of working are dynamic with a focus on allowing you to show off your own skills and initiative" - Sarah Johnstone, Head of Technology
In the News and Entertainment house, we work with a variety of Web and Mobile development squads across products such as Sky News, Sky Kids and the Corporate Affairs Websites.
What you'll do:
Coach, mentor and develop a scrum team to high performance
- Organises and facilitates the Scrum ceremonies as required (Daily Scrum, Planning, retrospectives etc)
- Works with the scrum team to identify impediments to their progress and supports them in resolving these.
- Co-ordinates with other Scrum teams on technical dependencies between the teams.
- Structured and transparent approach to planning, monitors progress and reacts to change whilst ensure value is at the forefront - ensures all relevant parties are aware of the team's progress and ability to deliver.
- You will promote continuous improvement within the squad, in pursuit of high performance
What you'll bring:
- Experience with Software Development Teams.
- Knowledge of various Agile frameworks
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Ability to organise
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum Techniques and practices
Team Overview - Product Delivery
Want to deliver brilliant products and unmissable entertainment that grips millions of households? Our 1000 strong, Product Delivery team does everything from developing innovative AI technology to creating the best HDR viewing experience for TV products. From Sky Go to Sky Q & Sky Glass, we take our products to the next level and make them more agile and reliable with every release.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you'll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Where you'll work:
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis, and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.