Talent Advisor (12-months FTC)
A Talent Advisor is required for a 12-month FTC/temporary opportunity paying £34,274.06 plus £2700.10 London Allowance (if applicable) per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based at any of our main BTP hubs; Camden - London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff or Glasgow.
This role offers flexible working from day one in role.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As Talent Advisor with BTP, you will deliver a varied portfolio of Career Development and Talent Management work and projects in line with the annual Career Development and Talent Management provision, providing advice, guidance and practical support across the full range of Career Development and Talent Management issues.
As Talent Advisor, you will be required to:
- Work with People Business Partners and with SMTs to ensure the Career Development and Talent Management service provided supports Divisional and Departmental needs.
- Work collaboratively with resourcing and delivery colleagues ensuring that a seamless People service is provided to all end users.
- Design and deliver talent management initiatives including workshops to staff and officers, for example, continuous professional development workshops to displaced staff and officers.
- Coaching and Mentoring staff and officers at all levels of the organization to develop and enhance performance, encouraging their self-development and increasing overall performance.
- Design annual timetable of positive action initiatives classroom-based courses, working with relevant support groups to maximise effectiveness.
- Personally deliver Career Development and Talent Management activities.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Talent Advisor will be required to evidence the following:
- CIPD Level 5 qualification in a relevant areas or equivalent experience.
- CMI Level 5 Coaching certificate or equivalent.
- A successful track record in a Career Development and Talent Management role.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to persuade and influence decision makers/senior stakeholders in a partnership approach.
- Ability to design, cost and plan Career Development and Talent Management activity to maximise value to BTP.
- Ability to find innovative and creative approaches to support the Career Development and Talent Management approach.
- Effective coaching and mentoring
If you are interested in applying to this Talent Advisor role then please submit a copy of your cover letter and CV in a single PDF document.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary of £34,274.06 plus £2700.10 London Allowance (only applicable if London-based)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work as well as many high street and online retail discounts.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 9th June 2022 via Microsoft Teams.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting. Internal candidates can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to the [email protected] prior to the vacancy closing. If this authorisation is not provided prior to the vacancy closing the candidate will fail the eligibility check.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘developing’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is July 2022. If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team – [email protected]