Cleaner/Housekeeper - Part Time
Hours: Part-time 25 hours per week - Monday to Friday 2pm to 7pm
Base: Hallam Street, London
Contract type: Permanent
Orri operates a smoke free policy on all premises and grounds.
Orri is an equal opportunities employer.
About this role:
As part of the Facilities and Operations Team the post holder will undertake the role of Housekeeper at our Hallam Street Clinic. The post holder will delivery a high level of customer service to all clients, employees and visitors. Ensuring the reception area adheres to the building health and safety practices; effective building security management; and providing administrative support to the Executive Assistant.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The postholder will be responsible for maintaining a high level of excellent in housekeeping sanitation, safety and comfort for all personnel and clients.
- Undertake the cleaning of all rooms, kitchen areas, bathrooms and common rooms from the basement to the 4th floor.
- Understand and adhere to COVID guidelines in place in the building for personal safety and housekeeping activities.
- Report any maintenance work required to the Clinical Coordinator who will record and organise repairs.
- Inform the Clinical Coordinator of low stock levels for reordering with sufficient notice.
- Have a strong awareness of health and safety practices and policies to report any concerns immediately to the Facilities and Operations Manager.
- To attend and participate in team meetings and attend all mandatory training when required
- To attend supervision and appraisals ensuring that you have prepared for these when required
- To attend any other training when a need has been identified
- To assist with domestic duties including cleaning and laundry when the need arises
- To communicate effectively with other staff, carers and visitors regarding clients
- To be fully aware of the fire policy and the awareness of health and safety practices.
- To be familiar with all current policies and procedures and understand your duty to comply and implement them when necessary
- To wear uniform provided
- To treat the clients with confidentiality and respect
- To keep all records of domestic work completed as directed by Facilities and Operations Manager.
- To promote and ensure the good reputation of Orri at all times, both in the service and outside at events and external training sessions.
Health and Safety
- To ensure that you work in a safe environment in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act
- To assist in the maintenance of a Safe and Healthy Working environment by understanding and ensuring adherence to the Orri’s Policies and Procedures including Safeguarding and Fire
- To practice and promote safe working practices within Orri
- To take responsibility for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions
- To be fully aware and comply with infection control policies and procedures and appropriate hand hygiene technique
- To report immediately to the Clinical Director and/or Chef in charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a client, colleague, self or another
- To report to the Clinical Director and/or Clinical Coordinator any faults, damaged furniture, faulty appliances, equipment or any potential hazard
- This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties required. However, it is not definitive and may be subject to periodic view.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- To have good communication skills
- To have the ability to work effectively within a team environment
Orri will provide the post-holder with direct supervision and access to continuous professional development. Specialist supervision will be arranged in conjunction with the post holder.
- To contribute to the team’s clinical and care governance arrangements and quality agenda.
- To contribute to the operational planning, and implementation of policy and service development within the service area, leading on projects as appropriate.
- Contributing on the planning, evaluation and audit of practice, clinical pathways and protocols within the service area, leading on delegated projects.
- To influence organisational culture from the perspective on an experienced clinician.
EQUIPMENT & MACHINERY
The equipment used by the post holder on a daily basis will include;
- Computer and associated software most notably Microsoft Office applications
- Mobile phone and landline phones
- Cleaning equipment
The equipment used by the post holder may also include
- CPR equipment
- The post holder will develop and ensure utilisation of systems for efficient operation of the service
- Paper base and electronic documentation audit systems
- Local database(s)
- The post holder will have sound knowledge and skills in the use of a wide range of systems including
- Fire and emergency procedures
- Infection prevention control systems
- Health and safety policy
- information technology systems
- The post holder will have skills in the use of internet
COMMUNICATIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS
- The post holder will communicate with clients/carers and team members
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, EMOTIONAL, ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Manual Handling
- Transporting/using equipment
- Kitchen equipment
- Cleaning Equipment
- Combination of walking, sitting, standing
- Working on own initiative in the field with a significant degree of autonomy in terms of clinical/practice decision-making.
- Effectively managing time in the face of competing priorities.
- Communicating with distressed/anxious service users/carers
- Exposure to difficult and challenge dynamics
- Potential for exposure of body fluids
- Exposure to verbal and physical aggression