Accountant - Real Estate CAS - Any location in the UK
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND MAKE YOUR MARK
Looking to put your technical expertise to work, grow and make a real difference? With 8000+ clients across 18 locations worldwide Ocorian is a global leader in fiduciary services, fund and capital market administration services where your professionalism, ideas and energy are truly valued as we seek to reinvent administration to better serve our clients.
Join our team as a home-worker and your ideas and input will also help us refine and develop a remote and flexible working model!
To work on a portfolio of Real Estate entities and provide support and assistance to the Managers and Administrators in connection with the professional trust and company administration services provided by Ocorian Limited. This will involve the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements with a particular emphasis on Real Estate (RE) and any other assets holding vehicles. This role will also require assisting the manager with the year end audit and bank covenant reporting.
This role is made available for remote workers, whereby the role is performed remotely, 100% from the employee’s home. This is a permanent position, operating part-time hours of approximately four weeks in the months of January, April, July and October, ie after each quarter end, to meet the demands of the business accounting cycle.
Ocorian is a supportive and friendly team environment where your opinion counts, and help is always at hand to get things done and improve. As part of a small group of remote workers you will also have an important role to play in helping us shape Ocorian’s service delivery and remote working experience by giving regular feedback and ideas so that you can make a difference and make your mark.
• Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements from the accounting records of the client entities.
• Posting on NAV of final bookkeeping entries required to produce financial statements and perform year end ledger close-down procedures
• Assist the manager when liaising with the appointed auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables
• Provide additional bookkeeping and administrative assistance to other members of the Client Accounting Solutions team as may from time to time be requested
• Communicate effectively with the wider accounting team to ensure they are aware of deadlines and expectations in terms of timing. Planning for upcoming work, deadlines and resources management is key for this role
• To assist the Manager, providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to:
• Checking and controlling your portfolio in order to ensure that all deliverables are completed within the agreed timeline
• Ensuring all accounts are prepared to a high standard and corrected if needed, before being sent to Clients, Administrators and Auditors
• Ensuring that Ocorian internal policies and procedures are adhered to
• Being aware of risk exposure and escalating and issues arising promptly to other members of the Management team
• Assisting the Manager with budgets, bank covenant and nay other ad hoc requests
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong knowledge of current IFRS and FRS 102 reporting and experience in accounting for a range of institutional structures
• Experience with eFront Navision and Value Financials/ Caseware would be desirable
• Strong IT skills
• The post holder will hold an appropriate accounting qualification (e.g ACCA/ACA) or at the final stages of their exams
• Finance industry and/or accounting/auditing experience within or with exposure to institutional environment is ideal
• Strong technical skills in the relevant area (Real estate)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
• Able to work using own initiative control own work load and prioritise matters as appropriate
• Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm
• A solution driven and proactive
• Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodically and accurately
• Team spirit
• This role offers the opportunity to be involved in dealing with a variety of structures including the accounting for Real Estate vehicles
This role is part of remote working, whereby the role is performed remotely, 100% from the employee’s home. Before applying for this role, please be sure that you can answer “yes” to the following questions;
• Have you gained at least 5 years of work experience?
• Are you self-disciplined and self-motivated?
• Have you had experience working remotely before?
• Will you have internet bandwidth of at least 10MBS (download and upload)?
• Do you have an appropriate space in your home that will enable you to work without distraction?
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
• We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
• We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
• We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.