Data Analyst - Flexible Working Available
About the job
We welcome applications from all communities and we don’t discriminate against any identity. We’re interested to hear from you, regardless of your background.
Are you a data analyst looking for an exciting opportunity where you can learn new skills and make a difference?
Do you want to a role where you can develop and implement databases, data collection, analytics and dashboards?
Does your job matter?
It’s an exciting time to join the Maritime and Coastguard Agency and even more so within our new Concierge team - We have a brand-new opportunity for a Data Analyst to come and join us! You will support the Senior Data Analyst in the collection, management and interpretation of market intelligence data directly covering all major maritime jurisdictions, including the offer within other maritime nations. Using customer insight, you will provide a high-quality analysis of data enabling you to inform and support marketing activity for short, medium and long term strategic planning and achieve the Concierge Service targets.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support the concierge team’s data modelling needs to enable the achievement of objectives and KPI's
• Support the Concierge Senior Data Analyst in the production of analytical insights and modelling.
• Support the Concierge Senior Data Analyst with providing analytical data to assist development and achievement of the Directorate's strategy
• Support the Concierge Senior Data Analyst with providing data and evidence to help measure the impact of fiscal and other changes.
• Provide support in the analysis and modelling of customer and service delivery data to determine trends, correlations and other statistical information.
• Ensure that all data held by UK Concierge is being captured consistently, maintained accurately and available in a clear and usable format.
• Assist in the continual review of existing data sources
• Assist to ensure that all market intelligence data relating to other flags administrations and UK Business Development Customer Insight activity is maintained and the overarching performance models are regularly reviewed and updated
Coming to us with experience of working with and manipulating data you are looking for a role where you can develop and grow your skillset. You have excellent communication skills and can translate technical language to non-technical people with ease. You are hardworking and motivated, enjoying new challenges. You are meticulous with your work and ensure that quality is always a top priority.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Operational Delivery - Strategic Thinking
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
Find out what it's like to work at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency
Things you need to know
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Experience and Technical skills.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
Within your CV and personal statement please provide up to 750 words that demonstrates your knowledge and experience of:
• Analysing data to inform commercial decisions
• Working knowledge of shipping operations and understanding of commercial drivers
• Working knowledge of the UK Government processes and policies
In addition, for this role we will assess your experience in:
• Managing a quality service
• Making effective decisions
We will also be assessing the technical framework - Operational Delivery at interview
The sift is due to take place w/c 28/06/2021
Interviews/assessments are likely to be held 05/07/2021
This vacancy is using Success Profiles. This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
We will try to meet the dates set out in the advert. There may be occasions when these dates will change. You will be provided with sufficient notice of the confirmed dates.
The selection process will be designed specifically for the role. As a result, your assessment could include:
• an interview with one or more exercises
You’re encouraged to become familiar with the role profile, as you may be assessed against any of the criteria recorded within.
Please see attached candidate notes for further information about our recruitment process
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the 'Contact point for applicants' section
To learn more about applying for a role within the Department for Transport, visit the Application Process page of our Careers website.
Before submitting your application, we encourage you to visit our Things You Need to Know page for further information about applying for a role within the Department for Transport and the Civil Service.
Throughout this job advert there are links to the DfT Careers website, which provides you further information to support your application. Should you be unable to access the information on our website, please email [email protected] for assistance.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with (or eligible for) status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: [email protected] If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission