Product Manager - Credit Risk
Do you enjoy managing numerical/data centric products? Can you manage the full product life-cycle from ideation to delivery and continuous improvement? Are you looking for a position where your outcomes will have a direct impact on the Bank and our customers? If yes, then we could have the perfect role for you!
As the Product Manager (Credit Risk) you will work closely with Credit Risk and a dedicated Software Engineering team to manage the full product development life cycle within the Credit Domain which will have a direct influence on our customers experience in unsecured lending products with Metro Bank.
This role will work within the Consumer Finance Division which focuses on consumer lending products and services and is central to the banks’ growth strategy for 2021 and beyond. The focus will be on innovation, digitisation and delivering something fresh for customers, offering attractive products and the best possible customer service.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
You need to be this kind of person…
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
- Management of the full product development life cycle; including ideation, validation, technical development, launch and continuous improvement, achieving the product vision and requirements
- Working collaboratively to translate requirements into real working products, effectively communicating the ongoing product development journey to relevant stakeholders and measure the impact of changes to ensure that business benefits have been achieved
- Working effectively to agile methodology and support the product backlog, sprint backlogs, story creation
- Managing the creation of clear user stories at both low-level function point & over-arching theme level, complete with acceptance criteria
- Regularly updating accurate records of product management communications and data in relevant tools and systems in line with company procedures
- Building and maintaining solid working relationships across the business, specifically across Software Engineering and Credit Risk as well as other key stakeholders to ensure effective translation of business requirements to technology and vice versa
- Interaction with 3rd party suppliers where appropriate to maintain effective relationships that facilitate effective product improvements
- Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
- Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
- Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
- Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
- Ideally you will have previous backend product management experience preferably within a financial services environment and/or working with numerical/data centric products
- To exceed in this role, you will need to be proficient in managing the full product development lifecycle with experience in working to agile methodology
- Some experience in in working closely with a Software Development team
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!