Sustainable Supply Chain Lead - Flexible Working Available
About the job
Willmott Dixon is passionate about leaving the right social, environmental and economic legacy. To support our continued success, we are recruiting a Sustainable Supply Chain Lead to make an impact across the Willmott Dixon Group.
Sustainability and social value have been at the heart of our business for the last 170 years and with our new sector-leading sustainability strategy, 'Now or Never' focussing us on delivering Brilliant Buildings, Building Lives and a Better Planet by 2030, there really is no better time to join us!
We have set some very demanding supply chain ambitions as part of Now or Never. By 2030 all our supply chain partners will be net zero carbon in operation and by 2040 all our projects will achieve net zero embodied carbon. Backed up by Science Based Targets these goals are the most challenging in the construction sector. You will call on our supply chain partners' skill and expertise, their innovation and inspiration but most importantly, their belief that this is the right thing to do.
Sitting within the award-winning Group Sustainability team, based in Letchworth, Hertfordshire, we are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged person with experience working at a mid-senior management level to lead delivery of these ambitions.
You will develop and implement strategic responses and delivery plans aligned to Now or Never that enthuse our people and our supply chain, as well as improving our collective sustainability. Particular areas of focus for the role include supply chain carbon emissions, embodied carbon as well as ethical and responsible sourcing.
You will be a self-starter, who loves a challenge, able to work agilely, in an empowered environment that values initiative and innovative thinking. You will be able to think strategically but be equally comfortable with the detail of tactical solutions. Strong communication and relationship management skills are essential, coupled with an ability to influence, collaborate, and deliver through others.
You will report to the Head of Partnerships and Innovation but will work closely with senior leaders across different functions and businesses, particularly our Central Procurement team and regional supply chain teams.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing new ideas and strategies to deliver the Willmott Dixon Group's sustainability ambitions and targets
- Identifying, developing and embedding changes across the company's operations to deliver the Group's sustainability commitments, targets and ambitions
- Developing collaborative partnerships and supply chain relationships in-line with business Strategies
- Analysing data, conducting research and identifying opportunities to implement innovative solutions to improve the sustainability performance of our business and our supply chain
- Working closely with our people and our supply chain's people to develop their sustainability skills, knowledge and capability
- Influencing and networking and profile raising with other stakeholders in the sector
- Supporting the business to demonstrate high levels of corporate responsibility and transparency in reporting to ensure legislative compliance and maintain our industry leading certifications and accreditations
- A background in sustainability
- Significant experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Supply chain management
- Scope 3 carbon (including supply chain carbon)
- Embodied carbon & Whole life assessments
- Behaviour and culture change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Proficient at analysing, evaluating and reporting data and information
- Good knowledge of policy and legislative development in sustainability
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to communicate complex topics in a simple way
- Understanding of:
- Tackling modern slavery
- Ethical and responsible procurement
- Professional membership of an environmental or supply chain institute
- Experience of working in a matrix style organisation
- Experience in using Environmental Management Systems
- Understanding of design and construction processes
- Ability to generate new and novel approaches
- Solutions orientated approach
In return we offer
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes, but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
No recruitment agencies please.
With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose beyond profit is to deliver brilliant buildings, transform lives, strengthen communities, and enhance the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and trusted privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths.
We hold two Queen's Awards for Enterprise (for Sustainable Development and Social Mobility) and hold numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!