Group Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing Manager
Our people are a vital part of what makes WHSmith the successful retailer that we are.
To support our future growth and ensure WHSmith remains the inclusive employer that we are we’re looking for a Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing Manager to cultivate a supportive and inclusive work environment for all our employees.
Ultimately, you will ensure we provide equal opportunities to all (including employees of the future) and develop our ongoing strategy to support the delivery of various initiatives and awareness programmes across our Group. You will also be responsible for reviewing and designing a Wellbeing programme that ensures our people feel valued and know that both their mental and physical health is important to us.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for creating and delivering WHSmith PLC’s D&I strategy across the group, consistently focusing on continuous improvement alongside our Travel & High Street and International Senior Leadership Teams.
You will work closely with the HR leadership teams and business stakeholders to embed and monitor performance throughout the employee lifecycle to ensure WHSmith attracts, develops and retains a diverse and effective workforce. You will also work closely with the Learning and Development and Recruitment teams to ensure that we are harnessing our attraction strategies to leverage diverse talent pools as well as our CSR team. A key focus will be identifying the cultural shifts required to really drive an inclusive and happy environment for all our people with one of the key drivers being about awareness across all our teams.
Both mental and physical health are an important aspect of our culture as we continue to move forward. You will be responsible for reviewing our current programme of activity and creating something that sets our teams up for the future. The focus is to continually evolve what we do around wellbeing so our people experience becomes one of a kind. You will work closely with various individuals across the business, understanding their views on what we currently have in place and identifying the opportunities moving forward.
It’s important that we can identify where improvements have been made and where we have been able to see the associated cultural shifts. You will also need to review our measurement tools and be able to demonstrate how we are seeing change occur through reporting, data analysis, research and the setting of KPI’s and targets. There will also be the need for someone who can build a powerful network both internally and externally to really enhance what we do both within our business but also within the community and other businesses.
You'll be responsible for driving the on-going implementation of WHSmith’s Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing strategy, and you will need to highlight any risks that could have an impact on any programme, initiatives and timeline. As well as analyse data and research current and future diversity metrics, you will stay up to date with regulatory and policy developments affecting areas of responsibility.
Who we’re looking for:
- Experienced D&I Manager able to scope, shape and drive a progressive Diversity and Inclusion policy and practice delivery
- Qualification in D&I practice – expertise is key with a genuine passion for driving inclusion and diversity into our operation
- Experience working in an Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is essential
- Ability to develop our wellbeing offer with a focus on mental and physical health
- Experience of developing professional relationships and working with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience of managing and delivering key initiatives and programmes
- Experience of change management is an advantage
- A desire to learn, make proactive suggestions and recommendations ensuring we always demonstrate best practice
- Ability to build relationships with external partners and to proactively research across the industry and beyond
- Good communication and influencing skills, and ability to present and deliver information in various format for a wide range of stakeholders