Finance Business Partner - Capital Projects
3 days left
- Contract Type
FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER - CAPITAL PROJECTS
A job with Merlin isn't like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don't trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests' experiences are the best they can be.
We're a place that makes magic. Magic that gives millions of people fun, thrills and memorable experiences. We're the thinkers, dreamers, doers and achievers whose job it is to create and deliver world-class new attractions, hotels and major investment projects, as well as manage the extensive real estate assets of one of the most exciting companies in the world .
Welcome to Merlin Magic Making (MMM) , the creative heart of Merlin Entertainments. Merlin Magic Making is responsible for delivering Merlin Entertainments Group projects around the world to a culture of "on time, on budget and ready for our guests". This includes all theming, rides, attractions, displays and accommodation worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for a Finance Business Partner to join our MMM Developments Finance team, based at either our Merlin HQ in Poole, Dorset, or our Thorpe Park resort. This role is a permanent opportunity with a salary of circa £ 45,000 per annum + attractive Merlin benefits.
Reporting into the Head of Finance , you will be the Finance Business Partner to Global Project Delivery team and F21 Finance Hub, providing financial planning, costing, control and reporting to ensure the successful delivery of major capital projects across Europe and UK.
Primary responsibilities include ...
- Accurate and timely reporting of project status, including forecast cost to complete, committed, actuals, contingency consumption, timetable to include reporting of additional risks and opportunities throughout the full lifecycle of a project.
- Accurate reporting of commitments and actuals through NetSuite / HFM including correct fixed asset categorization in line with Group Policy.
- Design and delivery of financial and non-financial analysis and insight to support Project Directors and Managers, and MMM / Merlin more broadly, with key budget, timetable and scope decisions.
- Monthly capital forecasting on NBD capital projects.
- Ensure compliance with MMM and Group policy, process and controls for capital project delivery.
- Coordinate input from broader project stakeholder group on assumptions that impact project capital costs.
- Supporting the Project Director and Managers in optimizing project costs both during the planning and costing phase and during build, ensuring cost assumptions and the costing and tendering process is adequately challenged.
- Ensure a comprehensive and timely project close and handover to Operating Group Finance.
We are looking for the following skills and experience ...
- Qualified Accountant with strong technical skills, including up to date knowledge of IFRS and expertise in financial analysis and financial control.
- Experience in financial analysis and control essential.
- Experience business partnering non-financial stakeholders essential.
- Advanced Excel skills and an aptitude for learning systems quickly.
- Experience dealing with foreign currency transactions and / or working for an international company an advantage.
- Experience of construction or project accounting and control an advantage.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels, including non-financial decision makers and Senior Management.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritize multiple projects at different stages with significant numbers of stakeholders.
The Benefits ...
We're growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects - ideal if you're already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits include Pension, Life Assurance, discretionary company bonus, 25 days' holiday and, of course, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.