Outcomes Senior Scientist - Flexible Working Available
Purpose: Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Exciting role in the Outcomes Innovation Team to "amplify the patient voice".
The Outcomes Scientist is a key member of the Outcomes Innovation team in the UK Health and Value directorate.
- The UK Health and Value directorate is "A team of experts and innovators committed to driving access solutions that enhance outcomes for UK patients."
- In driving this vision forward, the primary objective of the Outcomes Innovation team is to "Amplify the patient voice" across medicine development and bridge patient-centric end-to-end market access strategy.
Key skills needed to drive strategic and technical leadership as Outcomes Senior Scientist
The role requires an experienced colleague in:
- Patient-centered outcomes assessment, including but not limited to endpoint design, statistical analysis, working within a cross-functional team under tight timelines, communication skills in imparting the impact and importance of these outcomes data internally and externally (with local, Global, and senior stakeholders), and conveying complex scientific data to technical and non-technical audiences.
- This experience can be in the scope of research and development of clinical trials and must include demonstrated knowledge of regulatory agencies and procedures at the FDA/EMA as well as local UK experience with the MHRA, NICE, and NHS.
- We need a great negotiator who is a technical expert skilled in strategically applying these skills to showcase scientifically robust, multidimensional value of our medicines for patients and enhancing health outcomes
- Knowledge of designing label claims is preferred but not required.
As this role focuses on patient-centered outcomes to support patient access to breakthrough medicines, it is also desired the candidate has:
- Demonstrated experience in designing and/or implementing and executing outcomes-based agreements (OBAs)
- We need a colleague who is a dynamic problem-solver, with innovative methods to drive industry transformation in new value-based commercial arrangements that include patient priority outcomes when defining value and benefit.
- Strong skills in change management, partnership, and collaboration, as well as experience working with the NHS and local payers are critical.
- Demonstrated expertise in national data sets, data linkage, outcomes framework design, and/or developing and implementing an OBA in a real-world setting is required.
Requirements for the role
We are looking for a self-driven, highly motivated leader to transform patient access via patient-centered outcomes and outcomes-based agreements.
- Proven experience in pharma/biotech with thorough knowledge of patient-centered outcomes assessment
- Extensive experience in leading patient-centered outcomes assessment projects/trials, including but not limited to outcomes endpoint design and statistical analysis, protocol development for PRO/patient preference studies
- Proven experience of designing and, preferably, implementing outcomes-based agreement
- Advanced degree in public health, outcomes research, or health informatics field required; doctoral degree preferred.
- Demonstrated technical and scientific expertise in complex data projects
- Demonstrated strategic leadership in identifying and addressing gaps in outcomes evidence to support market access strategies
- Demonstrated skill in change agility to address organizational/market access needs and dynamically adapt Outcomes strategies
- Demonstrated skill in project management, including liaising with third party vendors and cross-functional collaboration
- Demonstrated strength in teamwork, cross-functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, and developing partnerships with KOLs
- Demonstrated skill in imparting complex data to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong personal integrity and dedication to ethics and working in compliance with Pfizer policies and UK regulations
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let's start the conversation!
All applicants must have the relevant authorisation to live and work in the UK.
The closing deadline for applications is October 18th.