Do you have a drive for assessing risk? Can you inspire and nurture others? Are you an expert in all things related to physical security or security risk? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Security Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and limiting all security risks and threats posed against Metro Bank. You will focus on ongoing security risk assessment and the development of strong controls to protect all assets, including customers and colleagues.
So what would you be doing?...
• Be the banks SME for physical security, supporting all business areas
• Making sure the bank is compliant with the relevant Security Codes of Practice
• Production of security risk assessments for proposed and new / alterations at existing sites
• Continually assess and escalate any security threats against Metro Bank
• Maintaining the security risk database
• Horizon scanning for future security risks
• Liaising with industry contacts and gathering intelligence to protect the bank
• Supporting Incident Management on security events and risk levels
• Undertaking post incident evaluations, making sure identified risk gaps are closed
• Providing physical security training to colleagues across the bank
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• An outstanding knowledge of threats and risks across financial institutions, including how to record and track accordingly
• Significant experience of conducting physical security risk assessments
• A track record in a physical security role in a financial institution and/or as a recognised industry expert
• Experience of developing colleagues, including being able to deal with difficult conversations/situations
• Understanding of managing supplier management activity
• A good network of contacts across the Banking Industry and Law Enforcement
• Strong communication skills engaging with stakeholders in complex and sensitive situations, supplemented by an awareness of legal, statutory and regulatory environment