Supplier Commercial Manager – Flexible Working Available
Are you a highly commercial supplier manager? Do you thrive on building relationships with suppliers and developing long term category plans? Would you love to be part of the British banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
We are currently looking for two Supplier Commercial Managers - one focused on Professional Services and one focused on Enterprise Applications & Software. As a Supplier Commercial Manager, you will own Metro Bank’s relationship with key suppliers, developing long term strategies to maximise commercial opportunities and encourage innovation. You will be working as part of our rapidly expanding Procurement and Supplier Commercial team, and will have full responsibility for supplier costs, contract lifecycle management and planning.
So what would you be doing?...
• Acting as Metro Bank’s commercial relationship lead with key suppliers in one or more categories
• Developing detailed supplier budgets in consultation with senior management
• Forecasting, tracking and managing contract spend, and developing a deep understanding of supplier cost drivers and opportunities
• Running regular commercial reviews with suppliers & identifying opportunities for commercial improvement
• Commercially managing the post-contract supplier relationship, and working closely with Procurement at key lifecycle points including take-on, renewal and exit
• Working closely with the Supplier Risk & Assurance team to make sure vendors controls are in place
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally you will already have in-depth experience working in Commercial Supplier Management or another similar role such as Category Management or Contracts Management
• The ability to build relationships to get the best out of suppliers – and an understanding of the vendor landscape in Financial Services
• In order to excel in this role you will be able to demonstrate a track record in managing a range of contracts, ideally with experience across several categories. IT or Tech experience would be a distinct advantage
• We would be really excited if you could showcase your ability in working with a variety of different and complex commercial models
• You will be comfortable communicating with key colleagues, up to executive level
- IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE;
- Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!