2021 EMEA Female Macquarie Capital EMEA - Development ManagerSeries
Join our Development Construction and Asset Management Team that sits within the broarder Green Investment Group Limited. You’ll be a highly motivated Senior Development Manager and help our Green Investment Group support the transition to a low carbon, sustainable global economy. This role will be based in Poland with an initial focused mandate to be responsible for the Group’s Polish solar energy projects. You will report directly to senior members of the Development Team and Green Investment Group directors of the investment companies.
As our Development Manager, you will work closely with our development partners on the development of renewable projects in Poland with an initial focus on solar. You will monitor and coordinate the delivery of projects from greenfield through development in cooperation with the wider team and be the local representative and key point of contact for development partners. Your duties will also include being responsible for ensuring the Green Investment Group’s standards and policies are incorporated into all projects. The role will include a significant focus on governance and risk management as well as internal reporting.
The role will include providing input on project decision making, oversight and day to day administration of a pipeline of projects, including reporting and information flow, policies and corporate governance. This includes liaising and working with Green Investment Group partners, contractors, external consultants, project stakeholders such as network operators, landowners, government entities and local councils in conjunction with our development partners.
In addition, your key areas of responsibility will include:
- overseeing all operations of the project portfolio
- developing strong working relationships with development partners in order to ensure obligations under agreements are met, the quality of reporting and board meeting minutes and agendas are high and financial reporting is accurate
- monitoring the project development process to ensure that all applicable AB&C, WHSE and risk management processes are followed
- managing any specialist third party advisors appointed by the Green Investment Group
- evaluating new renewable energy project opportunities and complete initial due diligence assessments and advising the Group on whether it is appropriate to invest in projects
- regular reporting to the Green Investment Group and other internal stakeholders on project development progress, issues and advising on risks and project optimisation
- working with the construction team in preparation for projection construction, during handover and also providing assistance during the construction process (construction management experience will be seen as a favourable skill).
To be successful in this role, you will need to bring:
- A relevant university degree, with qualifications in environmental science, engineering, law or finance
- 10 years+ experience in renewable energy projects with a strong track record in project development
- a deep understanding of the renewable energy sector (including technical elements) in Poland including grid connection process, environmental approvals process, auction process, market regulation and local conditions
- a strong understanding of grid and environmental issues, to enable assessment of projects’ characteristics and risks
- knowledge of the regulations and administrative/legal frameworks applicable to development, construction and operation of PV and other renewable projects
- experience of managing and implementing project risk frameworks and compliance programmes
- strong problem solving skills and the proven ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- strong collaboration skills with the ability to work with a vast and diverse team to advance the Green Investment Group business strategy
- fluent in spoken and written English and Polish as a minimum, additional languages will be positively viewed.
The role will be based in Poland, with regular travel within Poland and to the London office and other destinations Europe.
If you’re looking to join an exciting part of our global business, please apply online today.
This role is in Macquarie Capital, specifically within the Green Investment Group. Macquarie Capital provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fundraising and corporate restructuring. The Green Investment Group was acquired by Macquarie Group in 2017, creating one of Europe’s largest teams of dedicated green infrastructure investors. It is a specialist in green infrastructure principal investment, project delivery and portfolio management, and related services. Its track record, expertise and capability make it a global leader in green investment across a broad range of technologies including onshore and offshore wind, solar, waste-to-energy, and energy efficiency/storage.
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/about
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team. Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief. We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available