Paid Social Specialist
The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal global media team that handles the strategy, buying, execution, and reporting of all media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s TV networks and direct-to-consumer digital products (Eurosport, Dplay, MotorTrend, GOLFTV, and Food Network Kitchen).
The Paid Social Specialist will lead the implementation and development of the channel, maximising customer growth at cost-effective levels. Reporting to the Paid Social Manager, the successful candidate will also integrate cross-functionally, regularly liaising with other teams within Media Strategy & Analytics and the wider business org.
- Own the strategy and performance of the paid social channel through end-to-end management of strategy, execution, optimisation and insight generation
- Lead Social planning and media-buying across all territories, ensuring both functions are optimised to achieve high levels of growth with an ROI-focus
- Work closely with the planning teams to recommend effective growth strategies and budget
- Effectively collaborate with other teams and internal stakeholders
- Lead Social innovation within the team, keeping abreast of market trends and developments, identifying new platforms, tech and audiences to drive our Social offering forward utilising a clear test-and-learn agenda
- Clearly communicate Social performance and uncover growth levers, effectively documenting our strategies and approach, to drive common understanding and efficiency
- 2+ years experience with a track record of delivering success in a similar role
- Solid understanding of Social landscape. Experience using Facebook, Twitter and YouTube (Google) ad platforms is essential. Experience leveraging other social platforms would be a bonus
- Highly numerate and comfortable using excel to both run campaign analysis and provide recommendations with demonstrable experience driving growth through testing and analysis
- Proven experience with Direct Response paid social campaigns with experience with attribution, conversion tracking, and optimizing towards strict KPI goals.
- Strong appreciation of the marketing funnel, and the relationship with specific tactics
- A problem solver at heart, interested in working in a fast-paced environment, with excellent troubleshooting and QA skills - strong attention to detail essential
- Proven project management, self-organisation and prioritisation skills - Ability to multi-task with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously on campaigns and other relevant projects.