Risk Assurance Manager – IT Specialist - Flexible Working Available
Do you have in depth experience in risk and compliance assurance activity? Can you quickly make sense of complex regulations and assess the bank’s compliance with these? Can you demonstrate a track record of working at pace and managing multiple tasks whilst delivering high quality every time? If yes, then we may have the role for you.
As a Risk Assurance Manager, you will work as part of a team responsible for delivering Metro Bank’s annual assurance plan ensuring regulation, policies and procedures are being applied appropriately, whilst always looking for ways to improve processes. You will achieve this by completing deep dive, thematic and monitoring reviews right across the bank.
So what would you be doing?...
• Providing oversight and assurance of the Bank’s systems and infrastructure though sampling, testing, deep dives, thematic reviews and data gathering and analysis to ensure that policies and procedures are being applied appropriately and IT and information security risks are being controlled in accordance with risk appetite
• Identifying opportunities through assurance work to support the improvement of processes
• Working with colleagues across the Bank, assessing their identification of risks and mitigating controls and providing guidance where improvements are needed
• Identifying areas where systemic failures could occur and undertaking thematic reviews where appropriate
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Experienced in delivering or assessing risk and control frameworks as they apply to IT, cyber and information security.
• Working knowledge of Information Technology fundamental concepts like Access Management, Software Development Life Cycle, Change Management, Incident Management
• Exposure to some industry frameworks ISO27001/ 27002, ISMS, NIST, COBIT
• Preferably certified in one of Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or similar qualification
• Experience in testing, sampling and assurance of processes and controls to mitigate risk
• Good knowledge of risk assessment methodology, tools and processes