Legal Counsel (Non-Contentious Construction) - Flexible Working Available
We have an opportunity for a 4-6 year PQE Non-Contentious Construction Lawyer to support major strategic and operational construction contracts. Working in close collaboration with senior leadership and ExCO members on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the country, this role offers a varied and diverse portfolio of exciting work and huge opportunity to showcase your ability. Whilst the role is predominantly non-contentious, some experience of contentious construction matters would be an advantage.
About the role
Based from our London office, supporting our Major Projects and National Infrastructure teams, our significant Contracting business and our own in-house construction projects requirements, you will draft and negotiate major contracts, including advising on a range of projects using JCT, MF1 and NEC contract forms as well as international forms of contract, including FIDIC.
What will you bring?
- You will be a qualified lawyer with around 4 to 6 years post qualification experience gained in construction related matters, and preferably with some experience in the industrial, mining, or energy sectors.
- In-house experience is preferred although not essential.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Commercially minded and sound judgement with ability to analyse situations and information and apply legal expertise to deliver solutions.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, including the ability to influence outcomes
- Confidence and the ability to inspire the confidence and trust of others.
- Strong team working skills, including the willingness to pitch in and help at all levels.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to think laterally. Commercial awareness of the context in which legal advice/assistance is given/received is key.
- Diligent and driven and will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services. We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.