Legal Counsel (General Commercial) - Flexible Working Available
We have opportunities for ambitious and proactive general commercial lawyers to provide legal counsel to a wide range of stakeholders across all our general business areas. If you are a confident and capable junior lawyer with the requisite balance of technical legal skills and commercial awareness, this role offers considerable scope for personal growth and career progression.
About the role
Based from either our City based London office or Bardon Hill (in Coalville, Leicestershire), you will provide accurate and pragmatic legal counsel working across a diverse business and product portfolio across our UK geography. You will take a hands on approach on a variety of matters including commercial contracts, transactions and construction related matters and be open to developing expertise across a range of other subject areas. Other elements to the role include:
- Researching and evaluating different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations - dealing with complex matters and multiple stakeholders.
- Applying effective risk management techniques and offering proactive advice on possible legal issues.
- Working with the UK businesses and Group functions to improve business standards and reduce risk, including by drafting and assisting in the roll-out of new policies and procedures and providing training on legal and practical issues.
- Communicating and negotiating with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authorities etc.) creating relations based on trust.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives in areas of practice and advising and updating other team members and stakeholders accordingly.
- Supporting senior members of the legal team in matters outside of the core area.
What will you bring?
- You will be a qualified lawyer with around 1-3 years post qualification experience gained from a reputable law firm or recognised in-house environment.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, including the ability to influence outcomes.
- Confidence and the ability to inspire the confidence and trust of others.
- Strong team working skills, including the willingness to pitch in and help at all levels.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to think laterally. Commercial awareness of the context in which legal advice/assistance is given/received is key.
- Diligent and driven and able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Whilst the role is expected to be based at the company’s office, it has a national focus with some travel within the UK being required from time to time (including an overnight stay where required).
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services. We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.