Willmott Dixon Interiors is a people focused business that is driven by quality and customer service. To this day we remain family owned and ensure our core values are embodied by each team member. We are now looking to recruit an experienced Environmental Manager that will align themselves with our commitment to a sustainable future, purpose beyond profit and reducing our carbon emissions and waste.
Sustainability is at the heart of our business. Since 1852 we have been passionate about leaving the right sort of social, environmental and economic legacy.
You will be joining a supportive company that will develop your career and hope to offer you a career of a lifetime.
We require an Environmental Manager to work closely with our Head of Sustainability and site teams to provide environmental support and expertise to the business and help lead the implementation of our Risk Management System as well as ensuring our people are engaged, trained and competent in executing the businesses strategic environmental ambitions.
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced Environmental Manager who will be familiar with (or happy to implement) responsibilities including:
Compliance and achievement of Group, Division, Company, project, procedures, personal targets and initiatives for environmental impact reduction.
Ensuring that our Risk Management System is implemented, controlled and maintained helping to achieve and maintain certification of the company ISO 14001:2015 management system.
Overseeing the collation and analysing business and project environmental indicators.
Provide environmental input into project winning bids, and assistance with project strategy and planning.
Helping to develop a culture within the business that is supportive of our sustainability and environmental ambitions.
Manage and deliver training programmes, oversee compliance through audit and control, and work with the business to develop an attractive communications approach.
The right attitude, positive strategic approach and being adaptable are highly sort after attributes for this role.
This role has a national remit, supporting teams and projects delivered through the London and West Midlands regions, and elsewhere in the UK. Flexibility tot ravel around the UK is required.
Our award-winning team create space that help businesses succeed. Combining the strength of a national contractor with the skills of a highly experienced design and fit-out team and completing one-off projects up to £50 million+ in value.
Our offices are in Farringdon - London, and Birmingham - West Midlands, and with a diverse and wide-ranging mix of expertise and experience, Willmott Dixon Interiors deliver nationwide construction projects across the Commercial,Hotel, Leisure, Retail, Education and Health sectors. No matter the scope or scale of the project, our people are the best in the business and have the specialist knowledge required to rise to any project challenges that may come their way. From structural refurbishments, to heritage buildings, or projects below £3million, we have the right people to deliver a project we can all feel truly proud of.
In return we offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc)
- Environmental related degree
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- Professional membership of an environmental institution.
- Valid driving licence
You will be able to:
- recognise your own strengths and limitations, play to your strengths and use strategies to minimise the impact of your limitations,
- reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve,
- model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- consider the impact of your own actions on others,
- respond positively and with resilience to setbacks,
- understand people's needs and motivations and adapt your personal style accordingly.
You will be able to:
- recognise where there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties, and redirect people's energy towards a common goal,
- make best use of available resources and seek new sources of support when necessary,
- state your own position and views clearly and confidently in conflict situations,
- share, and encourage others to share, information and knowledge,
- recognise the importance of relationships and build these across the organisation,
- understand and address stakeholders' needs,
- articulate a vision that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment,
- inspire trust and commitment from others,
- identify your customer's needs and expectations and strive to deliver them.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.