Resourcing Partner - Flexible Working Available
About the job
Are you a passionate and engaging recruitment specialist with excellent knowledge and understanding of resourcing tools and strategies?
Are you an individual that can manage multiple recruitment campaigns and can demonstrate a high level of stakeholder management?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
The Department for Transport (DfT) Resourcing Group (DRG), is a core central HR service supporting the central department and DfT's executive agencies with their recruitment activity. We use our expertise to drive, navigate and steer our managers through the recruitment journey.
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and be part of our team of expert Resourcing Partners. You will act as the relationship manager between DRG and our customers building strong working relationships with key stakeholders throughout the Department. You will work very closely with our vacancy holders to provide a professional and effective recruitment service that meets business needs and quality standards. Although there is a large degree of stakeholder management & influencing within this role you will also be required to execute the detail such as advert drafting and assessment design.
We encourage collaborative working across DRG so you will work collaboratively with specialist teams on attraction and assessment to drive key attraction strategies and bespoke inclusive assessment solutions for your customers.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to
• Build and develop collaborative relationships with Resource Leads, and Stakeholders to influence the approach to recruitment, removing barriers to ensure that the recruitment flow is seamless and accessible to candidates and vacancy holders.
• Ensure that all recruitment and selection activities, including transfers and redeployment, are aligned to the Department’s strategic agenda, and comply with employment law, the Department’s diversity strategy, equal opportunities legislation and the Civil Service Commissioners Principles.
• Use your expert knowledge to deliver innovative and fit for purpose resourcing plan, including attraction strategies, application methods, interviewing questions and assessment recommendations
• Responsibility for upskilling and building capability in all aspects of resourcing for your business by delivering bespoke training, presentations, workshops and attending meetings or forums within the business.
• Undertake regular evaluation and analysis of data to understand emerging issues, risks and trends. Use the data to identify opportunities and drive key decision making.
• Proactively work with your Business Unit to ensure that diversity and inclusion is a key part of their recruitment and selection strategy and influence vacancy holders to embrace this approach with all recruitment campaigns.
• Alongside the Recruitment Delivery Manager develop and coach the team of Campaign Managers sharing your knowledge and expertise, building capability and confidence, to ensure the effective delivery of day to day recruitment campaigns.
You will come with experience of working in the recruitment sector, with good knowledge and understanding of attraction, application, sifting and selection tools and processes. You will be adaptable and flexible with the change of a demanding workload. You will bring strong relationship building and influencing skills with the ability develop and maintain strong links with your stakeholders. You will be an excellent communicator and enjoy collaborating with a diverse range of people.
Additional skills and experiences
• Be a strong advocate for change, driving continuous process improvement
• High level of self-motivation and experience of working within a high pressured operational team with the ability to organise and prioritise workloads to maximise productivity and meet deadlines
• Take responsibility for your growth and development, seeking out opportunities to build your capability and experience
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyse complex situations conceptually and provide workable solutions for a range of stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence and motivate others at all levels within the Department and drive outcomes
• An interest and willingness to work on a range of projects.
The role is Swansea based and could involve regular travel to our key locations – London, Bristol, Nottingham and Southampton.
If you have the desire to make a difference and shape future department recruitment campaigns, we would like to hear from you.
We are part of the Department for Transport (DfT). DfT is a great place to work, and our ‘one team’ approach really makes a difference. We value our staff and that’s why we’re committed to nurturing an inclusive environment across the Department.
You’ll be part of an innovative organisation that invests in all our people, ensuring we have the diverse skills to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future.
Find out more about what it's like working at the Department for Transport.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- HR Professional Capability Framework Level 2: Resourcing/Talent/Workforce Planning Manager
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance. Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Experience and Technical skills.
To apply for this post, you will need to submit:
A CV setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements.
A statement of suitability providing evidence of your suitability for the role, with particular reference to the below
• Your recruitment expertise and skills including developing attraction and assessment strategies.
• Your experience of building strong relationships and influencing key stakeholders
• Your experience of working within a high pressured operational team delivering successful recruitment campaigns
Failure to submit both documents (CV and statement of suitability) will mean the panel only have limited information on which to assess your application.
You will be assessed against the HR Professional Capability Framework Level 2: Resourcing/Talent/Workforce Planning Manager.
To access the framework click here
The sift is due to take place on Tuesday 17th December
Interview/assessment will be held w/c 6th January.
We will try to meet the dates set out in the advert. There may be occasions when these dates will change. You will be provided with sufficient notice of the confirmed dates.
The selection process will be designed specifically for the role. As a result, your assessment will include:
• an interview
The Department for Transport alongside other Government Departments recruit using Success Profiles. This means for each role we consider what you will need to demonstrate in order to be successful. This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity. For further information on Success Profiles please click here
Your interview may consist of a range of question types. These may include questions about:
• how you would manage situations relevant to the role
• your previous experience
• your professional skills and knowledge
You’re encouraged to become familiar with the role profile, as you may be assessed against any of the criteria recorded within.
We have adopted anonymised recruitment. This means that your name, date of birth and other personal details will not be seen by the sift panel.
If successful and transferring from another Government Department a criminal record check maybe carried out.
New entrants are expected to join on the minimum of the pay band.
If a person with disabilities is put at a substantial disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person, we have a duty to make reasonable changes to our processes.
If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, you should:
Contact Government Recruitment Service via [email protected] as soon as possible before the closing date to discuss your needs Complete the “Assistance required” section in the “Additional requirements” page of your application form to tell us what changes or help you might need further on in the recruitment process. For instance, you may need wheelchair access at interview, or if you’re deaf, a Language Service Professional.
Any move to the Department For Transport will mean you will no longer be able to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: [email protected] If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission