Administration Assistant - Part Time & School Hours
Our Private Property and Agriculture team has a new opportunity for an Administration Assistant to provide proactive and professional support to a group of fee earners within the team.
Based in our open-plan Bristol office, you will be providing a crucial support function to our fast-paced Private Property and Agriculture team. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Opening client files following firm procedures
- Maintaining hard-copy files on a day-to-day basis and ensuring all electronic copies of emails and any documents are filed correctly within FileSite
- Copying, scanning and faxing when required by fee earners
- Archiving, filing and closing files
- Updating databases and spreadsheets
- Document production using Microsoft Office packages
- Handling and distributing post
- Assisting the team during busy periods, undertaking ad hoc tasks such as phone calls
- Paying invoices and preparing payments using pre-populated forms
This is a busy role, with deadlines to manage and competing priorities, so you will be required to work quickly, accurately and efficiently, whilst remaining calm under pressure. You will be expected to think ahead to meet the needs of your fee earners and clients.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role will suit you if you like to prioritise your own workload, work closely to deadlines, and have the ability to work with minimum supervision. You will need to demonstrate from experience that you are exceptionally organised and proactive and that you have a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude.
We expect you to be someone who takes pride in your work and can provide a first class support service to your fee earners, anticipating their needs in advance wherever possible whilst always paying meticulous attention to detail in all of your work.
You will have excellent spelling and grammar and be proficient with the usual Microsoft packages, including Excel and PowerPoint.
You should be able to demonstrate a solid level of academic achievement, with a minimum of 6 GCSE passes at grade C or above (or equivalent), including English and Maths.
Whilst previous administration experience is beneficial, we focus on your attitude, work ethic, initiative and problem solving skills, and a general willingness to learn and develop. All of these attributes will enable you to thrive in this role and further develop within the team and the firm.