Project Quantity Surveyor - Flexible Working Available
Our client a construction company based in London is looking for an experienced Project Quantity Surveyor. The Project Quantity Surveyor is required to take the commercial lead on a project and be responsible for the day to day management of all commercial activities in the construction process. It is the responsibility of the Project Quantity Surveyor to ensure that in the first instance the project commercial team carries out the various commercial processes in conformity with company procedures as laid down from time to time. This is a permanent position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- The company Health and Safety policy is complied with and promoted;
- The project commercial team is properly supervised and supported.
- Project commercial tasks and targets including the maximisation of profit and budgetary control are delivered.
- Orders are placed with Sub-Contractors; Consultants and Suppliers in accordance with company procedures and contractual arrangements;
- Accurate and appropriate records are maintained;
- Appropriate training and mentoring of the project commercial team takes place.
- Appropriate attendance to project related meetings occurs
- Partial Possession notices are submitted where appropriate;
- Attend design team meetings to ensure compliance with Contract and minimise unnecessary cost.
- Attend meetings reviewing matters such as Code for Sustainable Homes, BREEAM, planning to ensure Contract and cost is properly managed;
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- BSc in Quantity Surveying
- Chartered member of RICS
- JCT Contracts
- 4 Projects- Basic level
- Excel 2016 Intermediate
- MSc in Quantity Surveying
- Negotiation skills
- Building Regulations (including Part B)
- NHBC Standards
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Commercially astute with substantially proven experience within a commercial role in the Construction Industry.
- Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract (NEC & JCT) and Standard Methods of Measurement.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint).