Part Time Pricing Analyst
If you are interested in entering the world of Pricing, but are unable to work full time hours, then this could be the role for you. The entry level position of Part Time Pricing Analyst requires no previous experience of data analytics or pricing. We are open to individuals returning to work and can also offer flexibility around working hours.
Pricing works closely with a wide variety of functions to optimise and enhance the value of the Biffa service. This position is highly visible to the leadership team and provides a great opportunity to influence the direction of a market leader in the waste industry.
- Undertake acceptance testing on a legacy data system
- Resolve issues and queries, promoting improvements as required.
- Obtain and combine information from different systems
- Generate weekly reporting to benefit specific areas of the business
The role also offers scope to:
- Collect, analyse and summarise data for review up to Managing Director level
- Translate financial and pricing concepts into real world actions
- Work with many different people in the business from Depot Managers, Sales, Customer Services, Finance and Managing Directors
- Work with a leading Business Intelligence package and the Management Information team
- Learn advanced Excel and Power BI to prepare and promulgate detailed analysis to a wide audience.
Longer term possibilities include:
- Develop expertise to assimilate data coming from different systems, prototype & implement new working methods/schemes within Office 365.
- Identify trends/opportunities and develop propositions which are then thoroughly disseminated through Biffa
- Evaluate, deliver and monitor pricing programmes that enhance profitability.
You should be aware that this is not a formal accountancy based role. We are very supportive of individual development but applicants should be aware there may not be a great deal of content in their day-to-day workload which will contribute to a finance qualification.
We are looking for someone who embodies a good selection of the following attributes: logical, persistent, out-going, positive, non-confrontational, proactive, patient, imaginative, innovative, resourceful, collaborative and pragmatic. Additional key criteria include:
- Enjoy working with numbers and would like to see how they relate to the real world
- Confident in Excel but would like to develop your skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and get satisfaction from putting something right
- Experience of Pre-Sales or Bid Management would be beneficial
Here at Biffa, we have a friendly, open and honest culture that’s based on mutual trust and respect. We’re very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. We listen to our employees and care about what our employees think. At Biffa, you’ll have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to our business, our customers, and to the communities in which we operate.
We’re committed to helping our people fulfill their potential. You’ll find many exciting opportunities and challenges with us and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business. In return for your efforts you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including a discount scheme with many high street retailers and entertainment venues
Apply for Part Time Pricing Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly