Software Engineer (DevOps) - Flexible Working Available
Are you someone who is interested in having your work impact millions of lives and also have fun while doing it ? If yes, come help us build the bank of the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We're rapidly transforming into a digitally-led business on a massive scale in order to better serve our customers. We're already the largest provider of digital banking products in the UK, with over 12 million active online customers and nearly 8 million active mobile banking customers. It means a big opportunity for you to be part of ground-breaking transformation and it means there's never been a more exciting time to join.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. You get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
What you will do:
- You will design, build and maintain a reliable, scalable, secure and resilient platform.
- Collaborate with other DevOps engineers in improving the overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting.
- Help implement a pragmatic CI / CD strategy to incorporate the entire product development life cycle. Setup the pipeline to build and release our cloud hosted microservices as well as help in adapting legacy systems to benefit from DevOps practices.
- Strategically, you will help us move from our current Liberty WAS stack to a container focussed pipeline.
- Coach other engineers on DevOps culture and practices. Comfortable educating both technical and non-technical colleagues about DevOps.
- You will work closely with our test engineers to help develop test cases, whilst ensuring the provisioning of all our environments are fully automated and tested.
What we are looking for:
- Strong DevOps/SRE background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, automated builds, code quality metrics etc. You appreciate and acknowledge the impact of system design decisions on scalability, resilience and supportability.
- Experience across the entire software development life-cycle from design, through build to production and monitoring.
- You are well versed with continuous integration/continuous delivery and understand how to get to continuous deployments. You have knowledge of multiple deployment and release methods like Canary, Blue/Green, A/B etc
- You are fluent in at least one one scripting language like Python or Ruby and experienced with Infrastructure As Code using Terraform Or Chef Or Ansible.
- Strong experience with Docker containers and some experience with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes or Rancher.
- Production experience with monitoring and logging tools like Splunk, Urbancode, Appdynamics, Prometheus, DataDog, PagerDuty and secrets management tools like Vault, CyberArk.
- Experience working in a cloud environment with ephemeral infrastructure.
What will you get in return?
On top of our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and our colleagues representing the communities we serve - developing and advancing the best in our people.
You'll also get
In return you'll benefit from a competitive salary and generous out of hour's payments on top of which we'll provide:
- An on target performance bonus of 15%
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes including free shares
We're genuine about providing equal opportunity as well as our people representing the communities we serve and have a culture built around developing and advancing the best of our people.
Sound like your ideal next workplace?
So if you have the skills we're after and playing a key role in our ongoing support and development appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...